Our jewelry is uses gold plated, gold filled, surgical steel and sterling silver findings. Please review the jewelry care instructions below before wearing your new jewels. Bec Design will not be responsible for any normal wear and tear on plated items.
To ensure that our customers get the best experience with their products, we have provided some tips to help keep your jewelry in the best condition.
- Store your jewelry separately to avoid rubbing and scratching. Best way to store is in individual plastic baggies. (If you would like us to include one with your purchase, please let us know.)
- Store in a cool, dry place. Do not store jewellery next to heating vents, windowsills or in bathrooms. Humidity and hot conditions can cause jewelry to tarnish.
- Skin and hair products can react with metals, causing brass to tarnish and erode gold plating. Perfumes, lotions and creams can tarnish and corrode jewelry. Apply any scents or cosmetics before you put on your jewelry, and ensure your skin is dry before wearing.
- Remove jewelry before exercising, cleaning, gardening or any other physical work.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry overnight.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry in the water, including showers, pools, ocean etc.
Polymer Clay Care
Bending or flexing the earrings may damage them. Handle with care!
To clean your earrings, wash gently in soapy water and dry with a microfibre cloth. For stubborn stains gently swab with rubbing alcohol
Hang your polymer clay jewelry when possible, or keep separated Sharp objects can scratch the clay surface
Gold Plated/ Gold Filled Care
Wash with warm soapy water and dry completely with a soft cloth. A polish cloth can be used on brass products but please keep in mind it can take the gold off of gold plated items.
Gently buff with a microfibre cloth Do not over polish- this can remove plating
Silk/ Suede/ Cotton Tassel Care
Hang your tassel jewelry when possible, or lay flat
Wipe makeup off with a damp cloth.
If tangled, spray water to dampen and comb or straighten with fingers- hang or lay flat to dry
Clean and remove tranish with vinegar, polish with microfibre cloth
Gently wash it with soap and warm water. Leave it to dry before you use it or store it. Never clean your acrylic jewelry with alcohol or other harsh chemicals.
When handling acrylic jewelry, you have to be careful. This is a gentle material that can easily break if it’s handled harshly. Also, it can warp on high temperatures so never leave it in direct sunlight.
Sterling Silver Care
gently wash it with soap and warm water. Leave it to dry before use or storing. Never use alcohol or harsh chemicals on your silver jewelry. Keep in mind that silver can tarnish over time (turn brown). To give it back its former shine, lightly buff it and it will be as good as new.
Surgical Steel Care
gently wash it with soap and warm water. Leave it to dry before use or storing.